Part D Coverage
What is Medicare Part D?
Part D plans are a way for seniors age 65 and people with disabilities on Medicare to cover the cost of prescription drugs.
How to qualify for Part D
You must have or qualify for:
Signing up for Part D is optional. If you delay signing up for Part D without creditable coverage, you may accrue penalties.
When can I join?
- If you already have Medicare, you can enroll in a Part D plan October 15 through December 7 of each year.
- During this time, you can change plans, drop plans or sign up.
- If you're nearing age 65, you can join Part D during your Initial Enrollment Period.
How can I enroll?
You can enroll by:
- Calling the plan directly
- Calling 800-MEDICARE (800.633.4227) or
- Going to Medicare.gov
Look for a plan that covers all of your prescriptions
- Find out if any of your medications have restrictions or need prior authorization from your provider.
- Make sure all of your medications are on the formulary of the plan you are considering.